The AIPE/American Academy Foundation is pleased to announce the recipients of the John C. Potts Leadership Development Scholarship to the 2016 NRPA Directors School. Alicia Day, Director, Littleton, MA Parks, Recreation and Community Education Department and Tye Lydon, Director, Salem, MO Parks and Recreation Department were selected from a record number of outstanding applicants. These scholarships honor former AAPRA Executive Director John Potts and are made possible through the generous donations of Academy members.
Congratulations to Alicia and Tye, and thank you to all of you who made these scholarships possible!
More about the "Pottsie" Scholarship
This scholarship covers the tuition and lodging as well as up to $500 in travel expenses for first-year students at the NRPA Directors School conducted at Oglebay Resort and Conference Center in Wheeling, WV. The Directors School is a two-year program designed to prepare new and potential directors for the challenges of leading and managing effectively. Information on the school may be found on the NRPA website. Two scholarships are awarded annually.
Started in 2010 to honor the Academy’s former Executive Director, John C. Potts, the "Pottsie" as it is affectionately called, is intended to support young professionals who have demonstrated leadership and management potential within their organizations.
(1) application form;
(2) letter of nomination from a Directors School graduate or an AAPRA member;
(3) resume (not to exceed three pages);
(4) essay describing how attending the NRPA Directors School will help you achieve your professional development goals; (12 point Arial font, not to exceed 500 words).
If selected, you agree to provide an evaluation report by email (email@example.com) no later than October 1 to include:
• what you gained from participation in the Directors School; and
• your suggestions for improvement of the scholarship application process.